Monday, February 16, 2015

Maternity Monday

On Friday I was looking at my baby registries and realized that our little one will be here in less than 100 days! WHOA!!!!

Today I wanted to talk about maternity clothes. When I got pregnant I didn't know what to expect and certainly didn't think I would need to buy maternity clothes at 12 weeks but I did. She seemed to be developing right where I needed to button my pants and so it just wasn't happening. First I just wanted to buy some regular jeans but just a larger size and I did that. But after about a week of wearing jeans that only fit in the waist and baggy everywhere else I knew I had to hit up the maternity story.

The only maternity store near me is Destination Maternity, which has two stores in one. It has Motherhood Maternity on one side and Pea in the Pod on the other. Motherhood is less expensive and regular quality and Pea in the Pod is more expensive, designer style and really good quality. My first stop in there I think I bought 2 pairs of jeans, 2 pairs of leggings, and 5 tops.

Jeans
Target – Don’t buy them from here. I feel like they are made with extra fabric in all the wrong places.
Pea in the Pod – LOVE them! They pretty much take designer jeans and cut the waist off and add the belly band. You still have part of the belt loops and your front pockets. But they are hella expensive.
Motherhood – These have a good cut to them but you have faux front pockets and they seem to sag a bit more than the Pea in the Pod ones. They are WAY more reasonably priced.

I’m sure other places have great jeans but these are the ones I have had experience with.

After talking to the employees in the store they pretty much told me that all the jeans are going to start to sag throughout the day because denim is just a heavy material and its heavier than the belly band. Makes sense.

Tops
Target – Hit or miss. I have 2 tops from them, both bought on sale - one fits great, the other not so much (no, I didn't try them on before I bought them).
Pea in the Pod – Great tops, love the extra length they have. But again, they can be expensive.
Motherhood – Same as above but at much better price!
Old Navy - I bought some tank tops here before we went to Hawaii and I love them, I know I'll be wearing them more once the warm weather sticks around for good. 

I love the tops at Destination Maternity, either side is great. They are really long and expand in all the right places for your growing belly.

{Target, Old Navy, Destination Maternity, A Pea in the Pod, Motherhood Maternity}


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...